Where intellectualism, religion, and randomness coalesce. Will they form something new?

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Of Shoes, Bands, Lesbians, Beer, Wrong Exam Times, and Mr. T

This is gonna be a helluva assortment of topics, so get ready for a joyride!

Alrighty, so.. first item on the agenda is shoes, bands, and lesbians. I was at the Arts County Fair (ACF) with a bunch of friends or friends of friends. I agree with Mike's comments (read em here: http://mikeworth.blogspot.com/2005/04/acf-aka-throw-shoes-at-stage-festival.html), but I wanted to add a few things. Yes, Matt Good rocked. The sing-along factor was awesome, as well as the moshing factor (I was in the middle of it, getting pushed and pushing others). Stabilo really stuck out by being just a cool bunch of people. Their covers of Let It Be and No Woman No Cry really stuck out as being something cool to do. A few side notes, though.

Side note 1: When the beer sucks, drink the cider. For $3, I think it's a good deal. And it was cold, not warm. Sure it's a wussy-seeming drink but hey, bad tasting beer, or somewhat ok tasting cider? You pick.

Side Note 2 (pertaining to lesbians and drunk girls): Drunk girls are hilarious. From my high(ly,) drunken observations, they fall into 4 categories.
1. The girls come to and freak the hell out. Like, panicking. This was when I decided to lend a helping hand and yank them out of the mosh pit, because they were that badly freaked out.

2. They turn into lesbians. A good view is had by all.

3. They maul other girls and use em as poles for poledancing routines. Again, a good view is had by all.

4. They do stupid stunts and/or act like desperately in need of sex. This happened to me on New Year's, when this blonde girl grabs my head and starts making out with me. I managed to beat her back (figuratively). One girl kissed my friend's head at the ACF. Another one started stripping (as in, truly bottomless). I very VERY quickly turned around, because she wasn't all that to look at (as a very generous comment), and because of the "HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING??" factor. She also was drunk, or actually mentally handicapped.

Side note 3: Stupid people suck. A lot. Throwing shoes at the lead singer is a great way to show love, ain't it? Especially when that love is reciprocated with a threat to up and leave. Then we can REALLY feel the love tonight, eh? Stupid lame-ass retards.

Side note 4: Pot is bad. Don't do it. Second-hand pot in large amounts WILL get you unwillingly stoned. Couple that with beer and cider and you're a candidate for a good hangover.


My second item is beer. Hoegaarden rocks. That is all.
Seriously, as a wannabe beer snob, if there ain't no good beer, don't drink the beer. Drink the alternative. Even if the alternative is some fruity-ass drink that only a girl, or a flamboyantly gay/effeminate guy would dare to drink.


Third Item: Wrong Exam Times suck. Almost like getting screwed in the wrong hole (I'm straiight, so there wouldn't really be an entry point anyways).

So I got my exam times wrong. Instead of spposedly being on the 11th and 18th, they're actually on the 11th and 12th. One exam I think I can blow by easily and get at least a decent mark. The other one, the one on the 11th... well... If I pass, it'll be a frickign miracle. Seriously. This test is gonna be hard. The material is hard. I am so screwed.


Fourth Item: Mr. T rocks even more now. Before, his stint on the A-Team was cool enough, now... check this link out:
Link here

Click the link on the first post, and read the rest of the posts. Absolute Comedy Gold. Mr. T, we love you. You and your too-short camo shorts. You and your non-singing chanting. The MILFs. Ah yes, the 80s suck even more now. The department store ads were bad enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

Haha, sounds like you had a very interesting time my friend, very interesting indeed. Wish I was there.

Have a gooder.

April 13, 2005 1:54 a.m.

 
Blogger Seth said...

wow kevin , so this is what your upto in your spare time. hey are you still pouring money into SFU's coffers this summer?

July 05, 2005 12:58 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home